Did you know that the mouth is one of the nastiest and dirtiest parts of the body? According to Dr. Walter Loesche from the University of Michigan, there is an estimated 20 billion organ microbes in the mouth. Once those bacteria enter the mouth it can contaminate the bloodstream and cause a number of health issues. So Let’s look at why you should start oil pulling today!
The old habit of brushing with a toothbrush and toothpaste has been the most common way of cleaning the mouth but oil pulling is one method that you should explore if you are looking for a natural way of cleaning. It is not only all natural and good feeling technique, but it also very very effective and does the job.
Oil pulling actually pulls the bacteria and toxins out of the mouth area. By doing so, the body is freed up a lot of unwanted things, which can ultimately improve one’s general well being. It spreads goodness in your mouth as it kills bad breath and odors, whitens teeth, removes stubborn stains, reduces gum inflammation and prevents cavity formation.
There are other amazing benefits of oil pulling which include clearing acne and boosting the immune system. It can even aid in supporting your heart (whoa! right?)
Step by Step Oil Pulling:
- Always oil pull with an empty stomach. You can do this in the morning and before going to bed.
- Put one tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth
- Swish the oil around your mouth for 5 to 20 minutes. The longer you can do this, the better. But if you are new to oil pulling you can start with any length of time that you can handle.
- Spit the oil out. Never swallow the oil
- In a cup, combine warm water and add some sea salt and use this to rinse your mouth
- Brush (skip the toothpaste) your teeth and tongue
If you are into essential oils and have some lying around the house, you can use them to amplify the effects of oil pulling. You can add a drop or two of clove, peppermint or my favorite thieves. Just make sure that you are using high quality and food grade oils.
If you are new to this, it may sound a little weird but try doing it in the next 5 or 7 days and you can really see a dramatic change in your teeth and mouth area. And thats my challenge for you.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to purchase from the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Get Started Now!
Enter your email to get your FREE 4 Week E-Course Now!