That dreaded question that arises every night. It is inevitable and we stress over it every single night. What is for dinner? When will it be ready? Making a dinner every night, that the whole family enjoys and loves all without making a huge mess in the kitchen and an even bigger mess to clean up is a job all of its own. During the weekends, I do like to make delicious and fulfilling meals but during the week I love to keep things simple and easy. One of my family’s favorite dish to eat is something very simple; Tangy Greek Salad. This salad combines feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and olives along with a few other ingredients for an explosion of flavor in every bite.
My Tangy Greek Salad is so simple to make and it packs a huge punch of flavor. There is no meat in the salad, but that is ok. The salad is very filling and full of greatness. If you are looking to add meat to it, you can add some grilled chicken to the top, drizzled with lemon and herbs. This recipe can be made in advance, and in bulk for parties or gatherings. Let the children pull up a chair and help your prepare dinner.
Let’s Get Started
- 2 cups of feta cheese crumbles
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 10 ounce jar of Kalamata olives, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados (or 1 large, 1 small)
- 1/8 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (preferably sea or pink Himalayan)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 of a lemon (optional)
- Slice olives in half widthwise. Slice cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise. Skin and pit avocados, then dice. Combine spices/seasonings, oil, and vinegar for dressing. Place olives, tomatoes, cheese, and avocados in a large bowl and fold GENTLY with spoon or rubber spatula so cheese and avocado pieces remain intact. Drizzle dressing on salad and again, toss gently to evenly distribute. If you prefer the salad to be even tangier, squeeze one half of a lemon’s juice over it and toss again. Proportions of all ingredients can be tailored to taste. Makes approximately 6 servings.
What is your favorite toppings on a salad?
Start Cultivating Your Life
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Lavender Hytta and receive emails for information, resources, exclusive offers, recipes and more... All designed to inspire you to cultivate a nourishing home. Right now when you Subscribe you will get a FREE Password Keeper to help you get organized.