Spring is here and the warm summer months are quickly approaching. One of my most favorite things about the warmer months is the raspberries are finally ripe enough to enjoy. Raspberries are one of my family’s most favorite fruits. Not only are they delicious but there are many benefits of eating this plump red fruit. They are very high in Vitamin C and Fiber, as well as Folate, vitamins B2 and B3, magnesium and other essential nutrients. Whew that was a mouthful, but you get the picture. This Raspberry Crumble is not only delicious but incredibly good for you as well.
I like to purchase Raspberries by the flat when they are in season, well maybe not a flat but we absolutely love them. There are many different ways to enjoy a raspberry, besides simply enjoying them on their one. From breakfast to dinner, a raspberry has a place in each meal. One of my favorites is my homemade Raspberry Crumble. This recipe makes the perfect breakfast, brunch or even dessert, depending on what your mood is. What makes this recipe so great is how easy it is. The dough is made from scratch and takes only a few minutes from start to end. Even the children can pull up a chair to the counter and help prepare the dough and wash the raspberries.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 cup of Raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch baking dish with baking spray.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and brown sugar whisk to combine.
- Use your fingertips as needed to break up the brown sugar.
- Add butter, and using your fingers / hands , mix the butter into mixture- it will resemble small crumbs.
- Prepare the raspberries by adding them in a bowl with the sugar and cornstarch and mix using an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Use 3/4 of the crumb mixture and place in the baking pan.
- Press the mixture evenly throughout the pan to create a crust.
- Spread raspberry mixture over the crust, leaving about a 1/4-inch of all edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture all over the raspberries and lightly pressing down.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, until a light golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
What is your favorite way to enjoy raspberries?
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to purchase from the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Start Cultivating Your Life
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Lavender Hytta and receive emails for information, resources, exclusive offers, recipes and more... All designed to inspire you to cultivate a nourishing home. Right now when you Subscribe you will get a FREE Password Keeper to help you get organized.