The weather in Norway can be very harsh and damaging to your skin. The kids lips and my lips are always getting horribly dry and cracked. I hate all the chemicals that are in lip balms. After doing some research I realized how crazy I was for buying chapstick at the store. Not only is this recipe easy, it is natural and extremely inexpensive to make. This Peppermint Lip Balm will easily find a place in your home.
I now carry a tube of my homemade lip balm wherever I go. We keep another tube in the car. It is so fast and easy to make that I typically make 10-15 tubes at a time. Of course I don’t need that many which means I give them out to those around us! My friends and family love this lip balm as well!
I typically use Peppermint essential oil in my lip balm because of the wonderful benefits of the oil. Some of these benefits are support of the respiratory system, a wonderful cooking effect and of course the wonderful minty smell!
- 2 heaping TBSP. Beeswax
- 2 TBSP. Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP. Almond or Sunflower Seed Oil
- 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E Oil
- Start a water bath by filling a small pot 1/2 way full with water.
- Place a glass-measuring cup with a spout in the water.
- Turn the stovetop to medium.
- Add beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil and heat until beeswax is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint essential oil and vitamin E oil.
- Pour into lip balm tubes quickly before it starts to cool and harden
- Allow to cool completely in tubes
Please note that if you or someone you love has a nut allergy to use another type of oil. You can use jojoba, olive oil, and many more. Also feel free to switch out the Peppermint with any type of essential oil you would like! My favorites are Lavender, Grapefruit, and of course Peppermint.
What is your favorite scent for Lip Balm?
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to purchase from the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Get Started Now!
Enter your email to get your FREE 4 Week E-Course Now!