Ahhh, a nice, cold, and refreshing glass of sweet tea. How could life possibly get any better? Growing up in the South, in Mississippi to be exact, sweet tea was pretty much a staple of every meal. You know how most people have orange juice or milk with breakfast, here in the south it is common to have a cold glass of sweet tea. Nothing could possibly beat it. There are so many different ways to prepare sweet tea, based on how sweet you like it. Here lately across the internet you can find so many different infused types of sweet teas from orange to cherry. However my favorite is Apple Sweet Tea
One of my favorite fruits is an apple. With so many different varieties, one day you could enjoy a sweet apple and the next a tangy and juicy apple. Usually, when one makes a flavored sweet tea you can juice the fruit you want to use and on this day I wanted to try apple sweet tea. How would you even juice an apple? Is that even possible? With that being said, this recipe will use Apple Juice instead of the juice from an actual apple.
With summer quickly approaching, my apple sweet tea will be the perfect refreshing treat after a long day of working outside. Everyone is sure to love this. For an extra zing, you can let it sit in the sun to brew instead of on the stove for a sunkissed apple sweet tea.
- 7 regular sized tea bags
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. Baking soda
- 1 cup of Apple Juice
- 2 apples sliced seeds removed
- Fill your medium pot with about 4 Cups of water add 7 regular sized tea bags,
- Bring to a boil
- Let the tea bags boil for 3 minutes and then remove bags set the tea to the side
- Add 3 cups of sugar to your gallon pitcher
- Pour your tea into the pitcher and mix well until sugar is dissolved
- Now fill the pitcher with cold water until 3/4 of the way full
- Add the Apple juice and fresh sliced apples
- Allow the tea to chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours
What is your favorite fruit to infuse your sweet tea with?
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to purchase from the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Start Cultivating Your Life
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Lavender Hytta and receive emails for information, resources, exclusive offers, recipes and more... All designed to inspire you to cultivate a nourishing home. Right now when you Subscribe you will get a FREE Password Keeper to help you get organized.