I’m a good ol’southern girl from the great state of Mississippi. There are three things we know here; honey, whiskey, and sweet tea. Nothing can be as cold and refreshing as a sweet tea on a hot summer day, especially when you sweeten it the old fashion way with honey. Recently, we packed up and moved halfway across the world to Northern Norway. I like to keep a little of the South in my daily routine and this is a perfect way. After a long and busy weekend I needed a little kick in my sweet tea, but what?! Introducing my Honey Whiskey Sweet Tea!
What makes this drink so great is the way the woodsy taste of the whiskey paired with the sweetness of the tea. They go together in perfect harmony. For an extra kick, you can add a little lemon to garnish and squeeze a touch of lemon into your drink. I suggest drinking from a mason jar to get the true feel of a southern mixed drink. This recipe is very simple to make. First, we start out with my world famous sweet tea. Hey, we traveled halfway across the world, that considers my sweet tea world famous right?!
- 4 Family Size tea bags
- 3 cups of sugar
- Filtered water
- Med. saucepan
- 1-gallon pitcher
- your favorite Whiskey
- Fill your medium pot with about 4 Cups of water adds 4 family sized tea bags. Bring to a boil and then let the tea boil for 2 minutes. Remove the tea bags and set them to the side.
- Add 3 cups of sugar to your gallon pitcher. Pour your tea into the pitcher and mix well until sugar is melted. Fill with water until full.
- Allow the tea to chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- Now on to the cocktail. It is very simple to make:
- First, fill your 12oz glass full of ice and add 2 ounces of Whiskey.
- Then add 1 TBSP of honey and pour in sweet tea to the top. mix well and enjoy.
Final Thoughts about this Sweet Tea Drink
This drink is so easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time in bulk for a party or get together. It is absolutely perfect for a hot summer day working out in the yard or relaxing on the patio! Beware don’t use power tools after drinking this! It is so amazingly good you will forget there is whisky in it and drink the whole pitcher!
What is your favorite mixed drink?
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to purchase from the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Start Cultivating Your Life
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Lavender Hytta and receive emails for information, resources, exclusive offers, recipes and more... All designed to inspire you to cultivate a nourishing home. Right now when you Subscribe you will get a FREE Password Keeper to help you get organized.