Winter is here! Oh my I wasn’t quite ready for it but now that it is here I guess it is time to embrace it. With winter here and the snow arriving we will be able to head up to the cabin very soon. I am always trying to come up with new recipes to either make at the cabin or that are perfect for once we arrive there. Remember there is no electricity! If you are new here you can head over to Simple Living at the Hytta to learn more about the family cabin. These Cozy Cabin Coffee Cookies are absolutely perfect for us to take up to the Cabin.
These cookies are light and airy allowing us to pack lots of them. They have that hint of Vanilla that I love in any of my baked goodies. The coffee adds a bit of texture to each of these providing an explosive combination in your mouth. With the crispness of the cookie the delicious whipped icing in the middle provides a softness and sweetness making these a delicious combination.
I typically pre-bake everything and have the icing and cookie rounds ready to go. Once we arrive at the Hytta we finally assemble them together making it a fun family activity. Of course the kids typically eat more icing then they put on the cookies but that is another story.
- 1 cup butter soft
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs room temp.
- 1 TBSP of ground french vanilla coffee
- 1 1/4 tea vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tea baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar
- Small bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, and coffee mix fully
- In another bowl add all dry items together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- Begin to slowly add the egg mixture to the butter mixture.
- Mix well Slowly add flour mixture until fully combined, do not over mix.
- Place the dough in your refrigerator for at least one-two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out dough on floured solid surface to about 1/2 inch thick. Using a circle cookie cutter, punch out circles and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden
- Allow cookies to cool completely before filling with the icing
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat. Once the butter is melted, add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir the mix constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Now add the salt. Make sure to allow it to bubble for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool( 1 hour minimum). Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
Final Thoughts on these Cozy Cabin Coffee Cookies
These Coffee Cookies are fabulous for just about any time of year! They are perfect to be served with a hot cup of coffee (I love to dip mine in my coffee) or with a good cup of tea. You could also serve them just as they are! These are always a big hit in our home and I bet they will be in yours too!
Start Cultivating Your Life
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Lavender Hytta and receive emails for information, resources, exclusive offers, recipes and more... All designed to inspire you to cultivate a nourishing home. Right now when you Subscribe you will get a FREE Password Keeper to help you get organized.