If you haven’t realized I love experimenting in the Kitchen. I love trying new recipes and I especially love getting inspiration from new recipes then going off the grid. My husband loves when I mess around in the kitchen and come up with a hearty dish that he falls in love with. This Carne Asada Breakfast Hash is one of those dishes!
This is another one of my Cozy Cabin meals! It is absolutely perfect to make up at the cabin! I typically prep my meat and veggies down at the house before we head up but it isn’t necessary! It just makes clean up a breeze. Another reason I love this recipe and it is perfect for the cabin is that it is a quick and hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner! That is right you can use this dish anytime of the day!
I typically don’t make the dish too spicy since our kids love it as well but Mr. Viking loves to put a healthy dose of Hot Sauce on it to kick it up a notch.
- 2 pds. Carne asada
- 5 large Idaho potatoes - chopped
- 7 small colored peppers - chopped
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 large tomatoes - chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Start by preheating your oven to 350* then move on to heating your cast iron skillet over high heat. Add your olive oil to your pan. Once the oil starts to bubble a bit toss your meat into the pan. Cook your meat until medium rare. It will take roughly about 3 minutes on each side. Remove your meat and set aside. Add your chopped peppers, onion, and potatoes to the cast iron skillet and cook until they are tender. Add your meat back into the pan with your veggies. Make sure your oven is ready and heated up to 350*. Using a spoon create small holes in the mix by moving the food over to the side. Crack each egg into the holes you made. Place the cast iron skillet with all the deliciousness into the oven for 5-7 minutes until the eggs are cooked. Then Enjoy!
This hearty and simple breakfast hash is perfect for the cabin. It is a full meal that will leave us satisfied for a while especially on days that we are up working on the cabin. It also makes the perfect dinner after spending a long day ice fishing to help warm us up.
Cozy Cabin Carne Asada Breakfast Hash
While you might not have a cabin up in the mountains or go ice fishing this makes the best breakfast for a Sunday morning. It also makes a fabulous brunch dish for any parties you might be hosting. I am sure that anyone you serve this too will gobble it up and ask for seconds!
*Note: If you love a recipe with a good kick to it feel free to substitute the color peppers for jalapeños, chili peppers, and habanero peppers.
Start Cultivating Your Life
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Lavender Hytta and receive emails for information, resources, exclusive offers, recipes and more... All designed to inspire you to cultivate a nourishing home. Right now when you Subscribe you will get a FREE Password Keeper to help you get organized.