We are a few days into January but that doesn’t mean it is too late to discuss our 2017 goals and our word of the year.
In 2016 word of the year was FOCUS. We did for the most part achieve this as we focused on our small little family. So as Mr. Viking and I sat down this year I had several ideas for focus words but when it came down to it there was only one word that spoke to us, impacted us, inspired us. It was Thrive.
Dictionary.com defines Thrive as:
- prosper, be fortunate or successful
- grow or develop vigorously; flourish
Merriam Webster defines Thrive as:
- grow vigorously: flourish
- gain wealth or possessions: prosper
- progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances.
In case you are interested the word origin of Thrive is both from Middle English and Old Norse.
These two sets of definitions couldn’t be better! 2017 will be our year.
Our Goal Planning Process
After picking our Word of the Year it was time to discuss goals. However we don’t go straight to picking goals we have a middle step. We first make a list of 50 + things that we want in 2017. Currently we have around 55 things on the list. Now we don’t expect to be able to achieve all of these things but creating this list helps up to find out where our priorities lie. Of course some of these items might be monthly goals to help us achieve the yearly goal. The idea is that of the items of this list will help us to Thrive as a family. Some of the items on this list that aren’t goals are:
- Learn to sew
- Get a new camera
- Mr. Viking learn more about fly fishing
- Get Family pictures taken
- Go Pick Cloudberries
- Go Camping
See the items are just thing we would love to do if we have the time and money. It isn’t a big deal if we don’t accomplish the items above but these items do help us to narrow down our goals.
Let’s examine our 2017 Goals.
Business + Blog 2017 Goals
I am going to start with my blog + business goals. These were actually fairly difficult for me but now that I see them on paper I am so excited about them.
- To grow my social media accounts
- Instagram-2000 followers
- Pinterest-2000 followers
- Facebook-2000 fans
- Twitter-1000 followers
- Average daily page views 1000+
- Launch my first ebook
- Launch my first ecourse
- 2000 + email subscribers
- To post regularly (3 x a week)
- To start earning a little income from my site (20,000 kr, which is equal to about $2300)
- To improve my photography skills
Some of the above goals seem difficult/challenging right now but broken down monthly they are all SMART goals.
Personal & Family 2017 Goals
- To read 100 books
- To get to a B1 level in Norwegian
- To save 10,000 kr in an Emergency Fund
- To pay off all debt (except the car)
- To get our own place (buy or rent)
- Hike all 10 tops
- To make a 5 year plan
- To create 100 goals in 10 years plan
- To save 50,000 kr in general savings account
- To spend more time outside in nature
- To become more self sufficient
I’m telling you 2017 will be our year! I just know it! I’m passionate about our goals and so is Mr. Viking. While they are challenging goals they are all doable.
I plan on doing check-ins each and every month to see how we are doing. In addition to these check-ins each of these goals have been broken down into monthly goals so that they are more achievable. So make sure you come back to see how we are doing.
Now let’s make 2017 great!
Did you pick a word of the year? Why or Why not? How are your goals shaping up? What is your number one goal?
SIGN UP TO GET ACCESS TO OUR MEMBER ONLY LIBRARY