Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it will sneak up on us quicker than we think! Hosting a smooth Thanksgiving gathering can be really difficult and stressful! There is simply so much going on all at once! There is lots to do between cooking dinner, making appetizers, and having to find ways to be able to entertain the whole house all at the same time! Each year you think you are fully prepared but then the day arrives and you’re not ready! I’ve been through quite a few Thanksgiving dinners and I’ve now compiled a list of a few tips to make things go a bit smoother.
1. Stay Calm: The very first thing when it comes to hosting a Thanksgiving Gathering is to remain calm. If you allow the stress to get to you, nothing will go right and you’ll become even more stressed! Take the time to take a deep breath and get a grip on your sanity! You can do this! Stay calm and tell yourself everything is going to be okay!
2. Make a Plan: Make a plan about a week before the actual day of Thanksgiving. Set up a schedule for cooking each entree and side dish so that everything is ready on time. Another great way to plan is to make a guest list. This way you can plan out just how much of each type of food you need for the amazing Thanksgiving Dinner.
3. Clean House: I like to prep for hosting a Thanksgiving gathering by cleaning the whole house! I do this the day before, and it makes me feel so much better about taking on the day of hosting! I like to clean everywhere, make sure there is toilet paper and hand towels in all of the bathrooms for our guests and also empty out the fridge because I know that there is going to be a lot of food going in and out of that fridge all day long!
4. Plan Activities: There is usually a good amount of time between people arriving at your house and when you actually eat dinner, so a good idea is to come up with some activities to do in between! For the most part, all the adults can entertain themselves by talking to one another, but as for the kids they can tend to be a little impatient and get bored quickly! Therefore, it’s a great idea to come up with some fun activities to keep them occupied while they wait for dinner!
5. Get Take Home Containers: To make clean up a bit easier for you, and for your guests to enjoy some leftovers..get take home containers! You can find some simple, cheap disposable containers and let each guest take home as much as they want! If you’re lucky they’ll take all your leftovers and you won’t have a ton of mess to clean up after dinner!
Final thoughts on Hosting Thanksgiving
These tips will help you stay calm and host a great, enjoyable Thanksgiving! Using these tips, you’ll be sure to have a really great, well planned Thanksgiving Dinner with all of your loved ones!
SIGN UP TO GET ACCESS TO OUR MEMBER ONLY LIBRARY