When I was growing up I was an only child which sometimes was lonely. My husband was always really close with his siblings and it was really great! Being best friends with your siblings is the greatest because they will always be there for you and you can see them whenever you want! I think that it is extremely important to be close with your family.
No one wants to have their kids constantly fighting! I mean of course, siblings will fight.. it’s what they do but you don’t want it to be constant battles between each other! I have come up with a list of a few tips for parents to bring together their kids and help them to be friends. Here are my 5 tips for Raising your kids to be friends with one another:
- Encourage Teamwork: When you dish out chores for your kids to do, come up with two person jobs that they can do together! This will lead to team work and encourage them to get along and this will give them the time to talk to one another and enjoy each other’s company!
- Stay Out of It: If you do find your kiddos fighting, try to stay out of it the best you can! Allow the two of them to talk it out and work out the situation on their own! This will lead to them communicating with one another and teach them how to work through problems they have with one another. Of course if it gets too out of control, you can step in! But give them a punishment of not being able to go out of the house until they can make up and get along!
- Encourage Activities Together: If you have kiddos that play sports, encourage their siblings to go and watch them! Also, don’t allow your kids to just sit around and play on their phones or watch tv, encourage them to play a board game together or go out to the mall or movies together!
- Family Meetings: These are GREAT for everyone to work out any issues they may have with someone in the family! This is a great way to simply talk out any problems they may have without it breaking out into a total fight between the kids! Over all family meetings are just a really healthy thing to do once a week for proper communication between the family!
- Family Vacations: Taking a family vacation once a year really encourages sibling bonding! They are in an area away from home so they don’t have any of their other friends to hang out with, which results in them hanging out with their siblings and finding ways to have fun together!
Encouraging Your Kids to Be Friends
Trust me, encouraging your kids to be friends with another is the best thing you’ll ever do! Having one of your siblings be your best friend is great because they will never leave your side and you can always fully trust them!!
SIGN UP TO GET ACCESS TO OUR MEMBER ONLY LIBRARY