When you think about “getting healthy” do you immediately think of food? Eating more real, whole foods and less junky ones?
This is exactly how I thought, until recently.
I would look through my recipes, make a grocery list, head to the store and get to work in my kitchen. I ate healthy foods, but wondered why I still felt off.
I thought I must need to eat more veggies and maybe it would just take more time to feel less tired, less achy, less stressed and for my stomach bloat to go away.
So I ate more veggies.
And I drank a green juice or smoothie each day.
I also did an elimination program where I learned what exact foods I needed to eat in order for my body to thrive. This was HUGE! Even though the foods I was eating were considered healthy, some of them just weren’t right for my body and were making me sick.
These were all great things that I did for my health. I was no longer constipated, my cravings lessened, my belly bloat was gone, I knew exactly what to eat for my body and I looked healthier. My face was brighter and my skin smoother.
Clean eating rocks, right?
But clean eating is only one component of living a healthy life and feeling your best. I was missing the big picture by focusing ALL of my energy on food!
In order to achieve optimal health so I have more energy, less aches and pains, regular bowels, a strong immune system and better overall health, I needed to look beyond the food on my plate. When I started to make the connection between my body, mind and soul I began to see life in a completely new way and started to thrive.
This is why I want to share with you my 3 Ways to Nourish Your Body That Doesn’t Include Food that even the busiest Momma can do…
1. Pay attention to your thoughts. Negative thoughts are going to keep you stuck right where you are and prevent you from moving forward. They can cause chronic stress, which leads to a whole host of health issues including an impaired immune system and poor gut health. Negative thoughts also leave us feeling blah and unmotivated. So be mindful of how you talk to yourself, ok?
When you catch yourself putting yourself down, comparing yourself to others, thinking that you are not good enough or not deserving try replacing your negative thought with a positive one.
When you quit beating yourself up, you will learn to accept and love yourself. This will open the doors to a whole new world for you!
2. Sit Quietly and Breathe (aka Meditate). Meditating can seem intimating, but it doesn’t have to be! Don’t worry about playing calming music or lighting candles.
Simply find a quiet place in your home or at work, sit down and close your eyes. Focus on your breath as you breathe in and out through your nose. Do this for 2-5 minutes, then keep increasing your time the more you practice. That’s it! Totally doable even if you are super busy, right?
Meditation has been linked to numerous benefits including increased energy, increased immunity, lower blood pressure, increased happiness, and better focus and concentration. Check out this article on mediation: http://bit.ly/
So why not give it a try and make it a part of your daily routine? It only takes 5 minutes.
3. Move Your Body. Feeling achy and things are cracking a bit? Are you dragging and feeling blah? Moving your body for just 20 minutes a day can help. You’ll improve your mood and get your blood flowing.
It can be as simple as taking a 20-minute walk first thing in the morning or after lunch or dinner.
Find a type of exercise that you enjoy doing and even look forward to so you stick with it. Don’t like to run? Don’t run. Yoga ain’t you thing? Don’t do it. Try different types of workouts to see which ones best fit you and your needs. When you find the type of exercise you enjoy, you’ll feel happy and energized, all while having FUN.
Still not convinced that you should get moving? Here are 7 important reasons to move your body, according to the Mayo Clinic-
1. Control Your Weight
2. Exercise Combats Health Conditions and Diseases
3. Exercise gives you energy
4. It improves the health of your mind (aka combats anxiety, depression and exercising causes you to release endorphins triggering feelings of happiness)
5. Exercise can help you sleep better
6. When you exercise you sweat out toxins! Reducing the toxic load in your body causes your hormones to work more efficiently, resulting in fewer mood swings and a better sex life.
7. Exercise does not have to be boring. There are tons of different ways to move your body. Try a few and pick on you love!
You can read the full article on why it’s important to move your body here: http://bit.ly/