As a busy mom I am always looking for quick and delicious recipes for healthy meals for my family and this Vegetarian Stir Fry hits the spot. Growing up my mom rarely cooked and our family ate out most of the time. I ended up teaching myself how to cook. Through learning how to cook I discovered how much I love to experiment in the kitchen.
Since we got together in 2002 one of my biggest challenges in the kitchen has been to get Mr. Viking to eat vegetables. I have finally figured out how to get him to eat most of his veggies and this recipe he absolutely loves especially when I add cooked chicken. My kids on the other hand love their veggies! I am so excited to finally discovered another recipe that is perfect for our family that is lots of veggies and most importantly is healthy. The other great aspect of this recipe is it can be a vegetarian recipe or you can add meat.
- 1 uncooked cup of rice, prepare according to directions on package
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1/8 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- If making rice, chicken, beef, or pork - cook ahead of time. I like to use my instant pot. Chop onion, squash, and zucchini and add to pan with melted butter. I use my Le Creuset Enameled Wok. Saute for ten minutes on medium heat. Mix spices/seasonings in with soy sauce and stir. Pour sesame seeds and soy/seasoning mixture into vegetables and coat evenly. Continue cooking for five to ten additional minutes until vegetables are cooked through. Seasonings and soy sauce can be adjusted to taste. Serve alone, with added meat, or over rice. Serves 6-8.
Vegetarian Stir Fry
This dish is delicious served alone, or over rice. It can be a side dish or the main entree’. You can add cooked chicken, beef, or pork if desired.
As always if you can afford and find them the organic ingredients are preferred.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to purchase from the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
SIGN UP TO GET ACCESS TO OUR MEMBER ONLY LIBRARY